Hello, I’m Alan, and I am a developer, designer, photographer and dad.
I’ve worked through all stages of the development life-cycle for a broad range of clients spanning many industry sectors. I find myself more at home creating user-friendly, well-crafted front-end experiences with a strong focus on usability, performance, and maintainability.
I have been a developer for over 15 years and spent many years working with .NET (C#). Recently I have embraced Ruby and Swift, and have found myself working on more Rails projects. During 2020 I started learning iOS development and released 2 apps to the app store.
I’m currently available for freelance work! Let’s chat via email.
Looking for my CV? Please drop me an email if you’d like my CV.
A lot of my career has been working within the financial industry. I found this to be where a lot of the innovation has been and I have gained experience working within some amazing startups.
I am now taking this experience and seeing where it can be applied in other industries such as property, and analytical solutions.
I belive education is important, and am constantly striving to learn new things. Be it a new development language, or improving my exisiting skills. I am currently working on my iOS development skills in my spare time, which keeping up-to-date with the latest movements in the Rails community.
- Web Design & Development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Jekyll, GraphQL
- HTML, CSS, Sass, LESS, Markdown
- jQuery, VueJS, Svelte
- iOS Development, Swift, SwiftUI
- UI/UX Design
- PostgreSQL, SQLite3, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL
- Sketch, Affinity Designer, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Visual Studio
- Git, BitBucket, GitHub, SVN, TFS
- Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Firebase
- Photography, Videography, CAA UAV Pilot training completed (2018)
- Final Cut Pro X, LumaFusion, Affinity Photo